Male-to-female (MTF) transition requires a wide range of processes, and one of them is the need to get rid of unwanted hair in some body parts.
Generally, males usually have hair in some areas of the body such as the chin and chest.
Since females don’t usually have hair in these areas, it is usually essential for MTF transgender people to undergo hair removal to look more like females.
Is laser hair removal suitable for transgenders?
MTF laser hair removal is one of the most popular methods you can explore to get long-lasting and dependable results.
The laser hair removal for Trans has been used by tons of people without any serious side effects.
Therefore, you can rely on this method for removing hair in different areas of the body as you complete the male-to-female gender transition.
What are the benefits of laser hair removal for Trans?
Foremost, let’s shed light on the amazing benefits of laser hair removal Trans.
- It helps in dealing with gender dysphoria. Notably, gender dysphoria refers to the feeling of discomfort or unease that an individual has due to the difference in their gender identity and their biological sex. MTF Trans consider themselves to be females but are biologically classified as males. Laser hair removal for Trans helps them to align their biological sex with their gender identity.
- It boosts their confidence as others can now identify them as females. Over time, this ensures that they can see the desired version of themselves.
- It reduces anxiety and frustration. Many transwomen are frustrated and anxious about the hair on the face and other body areas. But with MTF laser hair removal, such frustration and anxiety may reduce or even disappear.
- It prepares MTF transgender people for surgery.
- It lowers the amount of hair on the body; thus, reducing the level of waxing, shaving, etc. needed to maintain a smooth body.
MTF laser hair removal before and after for various body parts
One of the ways to see the results of this hair removal method is to check out the MTF laser hair removal before and after for different body areas.
It should be noted that the results are usually amazing as the appearance and growth of hair in the treated area will reduce significantly.
Consequently, transgender women can worry less about unwanted hair growth.
A few of the areas that are usually targeted for MTF laser hair removal include:
- Face and neck area, especially the chin, beard, and upper lip
- Buttocks and bikini area
- Arms and underarms
- Legs, feet, and toes
If you want to remove hair in other body parts, MTF laser hair removal can also be used for them.
What are the possible side effects of laser hair removal?
Regardless of who you are or why you need laser hair removal, the procedure may cause any of the following side effects:
- Pain or discomfort
- Skin redness
- Localized swelling
- Skin color changes
- Temporary darkening of the skin
- Scab formation
When done by an inexperienced person, MTF laser hair removal may result in wounds and burns.
These burns and wounds can be quite painful. So, if you want to avoid such burns but don’t want to hire experienced and highly skilled professionals, you should consider getting Homiley Silky Skin IPL
Using this handset, you can remove unwanted hair on your face, ear, legs, bikini area, etc. in the comfort of your home.
After using the tool a couple of times, it can get rid of hair for some months.
It is crucial to note that the aforementioned side effects of MTF laser hair removal should only last for about two to three days.
If longer, don’t hesitate to visit a dermatologist.
What is the MTF laser hair removal timeline?
If you are contemplating this treatment as part of your MTF transition, you will likely want to know the MTF laser hair removal timeline.
It is noteworthy that there is no one-size-fits-all timeline for the procedure. However, you should take note of these points:
- A session of MTF laser hair removal lasts for around 10 to 40 minutes, depending on the size of the treatment area. There is no downtime after each session.
- On average, you need around 8 sessions of the treatment before achieving a great result. The specific number of sessions relies on the hair color, treatment location, hair density, and growth cycle of the hair during the procedure.
- These sessions are spaced some weeks apart. Hence, it can take several months before completing MTF laser hair removal.
Is hormone replacement therapy a good alternative to MTF laser hair removal?
Hormone replacement therapy (HRT) is a common treatment used for changing individuals’ hormone levels to suit their gender identity.
In the case of the MTF transition, the therapy will feminize the hormone levels of the patient.
In general, this therapy will reduce the growth of new hair. Hence, some patients may think that it is a replacement for laser hair removal.
However, this is not true. This is because the hair on the chest, face, and other body parts will remain intact after HRT.
Therefore, you need to use MTF laser hair removal to eliminate unwanted hair.
Some good alternatives to laser hair removal are MTF electrolysis and intense pulsed light (IPL). Like lasers, they also provide long-lasting results.
Is laser hair removal reversible?
If you are thinking about going for laser hair removal, you may be wondering about the permanency of the results.
So, is laser hair removal reversible? The answer depends on the condition of the hair follicle.
If the hair follicle is only damaged after the procedure, it may heal and hair may regrow. In this case, the treatment is reversible.
However, if the laser has destroyed the hair follicle, hair can never grow on it again. Therefore, laser hair removal will be irreversible.
How much does the MTF facial hair removal cost?
The MTF facial hair removal cost depends on the size of the area you are treating. In general, laser hair removal costs around $100 per session.
So, if you need to undergo 8 sessions, you need to budget at least $800 for the procedure.
The MTF electrolysis cost can be slightly different. The cost of a session of electrolysis varies from $30 to $100.
You also need multiple sessions to get a good result; thus, you may need to spend hundreds of dollars on it.
Are you looking for ways to save money on hair removal during your MTF transition? Then, you should go for the Homiley IPL Hair Removal Handset.
This simple handset removes hair in any part of the body.
Besides, it is easy to use; hence, you don’t need any assistance from anybody to get rid of unwanted hair.
Now, you should be able to choose the right hair removal method for your MTF transition.