It is important that you know what to do before and after microdermabrasion. This keeps you in a better position of knowing what to expect when using the treatment and after using the treatment.
First, you should cleanse your face with clean water.
This helps in removing any makeup and dirt that may still be sitting on the face.
Avoid waxing or tanning the area you intend to treat a few weeks before the procedure is performed.
The cleanser that you will use to cleanse your face should be non-oily and non-soap based.
As much as microdermabrasion might sound painful, it is one of the most gentle and non-invasive skin treatment procedures.
This process mainly focuses on mechanically exfoliating the dead skin cells, which in turn leaves the skin feeling smooth and vibrant.
Any cosmetic treatment requires you to follow the specialist’s instructions so as to avoid any harmful side effects during or after the treatment.
First, you need to know some of the things you should expect following this treatment.
Some temporary side effects you may experience are skin tightness, pinkish complexion, sensitivity, and feelings of slight burns. All these are normal and improve as time goes by.
There are certain instructions that you need to follow pre-microdermabrasion and post-microdermabrasion.
Before microdermabrasion care:
Below are some of the instructions that you should follow before the microdermabrasion procedure is done.
- Get a quality at-home microdermabrasion facial kit device
- Avoid tanning sprays and creams at least a week before your treatment.
- Wash your face and neck with a non-oily-based cleanser before each schedule of microdermabrasion.
- Avoid using exfoliating creams about one to three days before the Microderm treatment.
- If you have recently had any chemical peel or skin procedure, you should wait at least three weeks before getting a Microderm.
- To be a prospective Microderm candidate, you must not have recently had laser surgery.
All of the above are some of the ways that you should take care of your face before having a microdermabrasion treatment.
- Avoid touching the treated area because your hands might have germs that may cause infections.
- Keep the skin clean and moisturized at all times.
- Avoid scratching and picking the treated area.
- Use a gentle cleanser that the specialist has advised.
- Peeling might occur in the treated area. Apply moisturizer to help minimize this effect.
- Avoid being in the sun for at least a week after your microdermabrasion treatment, and if you have to go out in the sun, use a recommended sunscreen.
All of the above are some of the tips that are helpful after a microdermabrasion treatment has been performed.
They will help in keeping the skin in good condition so that you do not suffer from any infections.
What should I put on my face before & after microdermabrasion?
Therefore, getting microdermabrasion treatment is a decision that an individual should make after he or she has known what to expect during and after the treatment.
In addition to that, you should also be familiar with what to put on your face before and after the microdermabrasion procedure.